JOB REF ID:
- Degree in analytical field such as Accounting, Engineering, Economics, Finance, Math, etc
- 6+ years relevant experience in investment banking and/or Corporate Finance Role
- Professional qualifications is a plus (CFA, ICAN ACCA, etc)
- Practical experience working in Finance and Commerce in the Electricity Distribution Industry is desirable
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint & Word
- Basic Database skills is a plus incl. familiarity with Microsoft Access & SQL
- A Business School degree is desirable (MBA etc)
- Power sector experience is a plus, including understanding of the power sector challenges and issues and relevant regulatory bodies
- Knowledge of financial and management accounts
- The successful candidate will be able to influence at a senior management level.
- Ideally the candidate will have strong management experience and strong business acumen.
POWER & INFRASTURCTURE
Company Profile: One of the 11 power distribution companies in Nigeria that was successfully privatized and handed over to new investors on 1 November 2013. The company has a franchise for the distribution and sale of electricity across an area of 133,000 km2 in the Federal Capital Territory, Niger State, Kogi State and Nassarawa State. Within its franchise area, the company is also responsible for owning and maintaining the distribution network and supporting equipment. In addition the company is required to manage meter installations, carry out servicing and billing, co-ordinate consumer credit and revenue collection
The Senior Associate, Corporate Finance is expected to support the CFO in the development of the Company’s financing strategy. He/she will provide advise to senior management on the impact of major decisions on the group's strategy, funding requirements. The job holder will provide financial oversight, analytical analysis, planning and financial modelling/forecasting support. The job holder is also expected to manage effective relationships with investors, partners and internal and external stakeholders. The job holder is expected to be a cross-functional leader in providing the insight, advice and direction on all aspects of investment banking, equity/ debt fundraising, M&A activity, and project development for the Company.
The main responsibilities of the Head Corporate Finance include:
- Leading the development of the long-term group financing strategy
- Analysing the financial impacts on major decisions on the Group's funding strategy, including project development, M&A, business development
- Supporting the CFO on approaches to funding, providing analytical advice for financial transactions and guidance on the economic evaluation of projects
- Provide group wide financial plans and co-develop budgets for funding planning.
- Coordinate Due diligence (e.g.; coordination of external consultants and in-depth business analysis)
- Support deal structuring, negotiations and execution
- Preparation of investment documentation (investment proposals, presentations, information memoranda, Prequalification memorandum, management presentation, term-sheets, etc.)
- Analysing investment projects and presenting guidance to members of Senior Management
- Develop Cost-Benefit framework to be used by Management to approve and prioritize expenditure requests made to the board from the operating companies.
- Lead fundraising from debt and capital markets
- Use financial modelling/forecasting to predict outcomes and provide business intelligence to stakeholders
- Assess and predict financial risks and returns
- Contribute to competitive bid proposals and formal presentations
- Report to the CFO with timely and accurate financial information
- Assist the CFO in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members
- co-developing and managing the budget processes (with CFO and other team members) inclusive of periodic forecasting for the business and ensuring complete, accurate, and timely financial reporting,
- Treasury and working capital management.
- Mentoring of subordinate corporate finance personnel, encouraging their professional growth
Financial Strategy/Analysis/Advising: The Senior Associate, Corporate Finance is tasked with
- Articulate Financial Value Proposition of Key Strategic Initiatives of the Group of Companies
- Determine the financial value proposition (i.e. investment required and resulting financial benefit) for each of Group’s “high capital expenditure” strategic initiatives.
- Advise on the prioritization of Strategic Initiatives from a Financing Perspective through detailed cost-benefit cashflow analysis for each initiative
- Develop and Maintain Company Financial Model Projections to clearly Reflect Financial Impact of the Strategic Initiatives
- Develop Funding Options and Optimal Financing Structure, with a focus on on-and-off balance sheet obligations and corresponding financing terms
- Examine structuring options with a focus on cost implications (including tax leakages) and flexibility
- Identify potential financiers aligned with funding strategy, including,
- Traditional commercial debt financing - banks and DFIs,
- Off balance sheet debt – asset based financing tied to vendors
- Bond Issuance – issuing house/banks and institutional investors
- Equity injections - private placements
- Leading ad hoc financial analyses in order to assist management in the evaluation of the profitability of income streams as well as the potential for cost efficiencies. He/she further provides advice to other departments within the business on financially related issues.
- He/she additionally develops and leads (together with other Finance staff) weekly/monthly/annual/ financial planning processes in order to establish a budget that is subsequently approved by the Chief Finance Officer, and informs the funding plans.
Other Duties: The job holder performs other duties as periodically requested/delegated by the Chief Finance Officer
Commensurate with experience
ETERNAL JOB LINK: